The biggest problem with dating is that it involves someone other than just you. If it were all about you, as it should be, there would be no need to consider someone else’s wants, needs, and life goals. Since we don’t live in that world, you’ve got to take that stuff into account to make things work. Sadly, even when you do all of that…and do it perfectly…things still might not work out. Then, it’s up to you to catch the signs that someone’s losing interest and ready to move on…then…decide if you’re going to do anything about it, or just brace yourself for the eventual moving on yourself.
Here are some signs dating experts keyed in on that might be showing that the interest is wearing off…
- Pet Names –They were cute and affectionate in the beginning…and now they’re just gone. Less cutesy emojis in texts are a sign, as well.
- Interest –Asking how your day was is a basic sign of interest. It’s a bad omen when she doesn’t seem care about hearing how your day went.
- No “Future” –When any relationship gets heated, conversations about what you both see in your future are common. Have you noticed that all chats about the “future” has stopped? That might be because there is no “future.”
- Plans/Calls –If she makes excuses over why she can’t meet as much or talk to you as much over the phone, it could be a sign that she’s avoiding you. Yeah, we all get busy, but if it’s even hard for her to get together with friends and family, there may be trouble.
- Appreciation –At the end of the day, we all like to be appreciated. If you’re efforts are met with indifference, you might want to ask what’s up. Especially if those efforts are met with something to the effect of “you don’t have to” or “don’t bother.”
Photo Credit - Getty Images