When it comes to airlines and hotels, folks tend to be loyal to certain companies, and that loyalty can pay off in the end. And while we are constantly being asked to sign up for rewards programs that will give us perks for our loyalty, not all programs are alike and not all of them are really worth it. Thankfully, "U.S. News & World Report" is here to help you choose the right one.
- The mag just came out with their 2021-2022 Best Travel Reward Programs list, identifying 24 hotel and airline loyalty programs with the most rewarding perks.
- For hotels, Wyndham Rewards earned top honors this year, after several years at number two.
- It earns high marks for its large network of hotels in popular destinations, as well as high award availability. What’s more, members needs as little as 7,500 points to earn a free night.
Top Five Hotel Rewards Programs
- Wyndham Rewards
- World of Hyatt
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Choice Privileges
- IHG Rewards
- As for airlines, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan holds on to the the title of Best Airline Rewards Program for a seventh straight year.
- Their program allows travelers to earn points based on miles flown, rather than dollars spent, which makes it easier for members to get free flights. Plus it has large network of flight routes to popular destinations.
Top Five Airline Rewards Programs
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
- Delta SkyMiles
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Southwest Rapid Rewards
Click herefor the complete lists of both hotel and airline programs.
Source:U.S. News & World Report
Photo Credit - Getty Images