Top 10 things to do at the 50th Dayton Holiday Festival
The 50th year of the Dayton Holiday Festival kicks off on November 25 with the Grande Illumination and Dayton Children’s Parade
The golden anniversary of the Dayton Holiday Festival, presented by AES Ohio, officially begins in Courthouse Square and surrounding areas in just over one week! The month-long Dayton Holiday Festival will officially get underway from 4 to 9 p.m. on Friday, November 25, with the Grande Illumination and Dayton Children’s Parade Spectacular. Free, family-friendly events will then continue through the month of December. This year’s event includes the return of several family favorite activities as well as some special surprises to celebrate 50 wonderful years of bringing holiday magic downtown.
10. Enjoy live entertainment on the Main Stage
9. See the iconic Rike’s holiday windows in the Schuster Center
8. Snap a pic with The Real Elf, check out a model train, and get crafty in the Holiday Village
7. See masterfully built cookie creations in the Gingerbread Homes for the Holidays Contest
6. Take a scenic ride through downtown on a horse-drawn wagon
5. Experience 50 years of memories with a stroll down Memory Lane on Main
4. Dance along with the Downtown Jingle Lights
3. Enjoy free rides on the merry-go-round at the Street Fair on Third and meet some live reindeer!
2. Line the streets for the Dayton Children’s Parade Spectacular in Lights
1. Watch us flip the switch on 50,000 gold lights during the Grande Illumination
The DDP’s website has a complete list of downtown’s events, dining guides, parking maps and more at www.downtowndayton.org. Follow the DDP on Facebook to keep up with downtown events and news.